Are you one of those who is really a face if you have bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi) for lunch? If that’s so, that you’re losing many of it healthy benefits. Doodhi is fantastic for weight reduction as a 100g of raw doodhi has as far as 14 calories. It is additionally suitable individuals who have problems with high BP or other heart ailments because it is on top of fibre. This keeps cholesterol levels low. To add taste to that so-called boring vegetable, try defining it as in the innovative yet healthy manner. This recipe is required by?Ayurvedic cookbook author Gita Ramesh. You may want to try making an anti-cholesterol shake.?
– Gourd (small, peeled and chopped): One bottle
– Turmeric powder: Half teaspoon
– Red chilli powder: Half teaspoon
– Cumin seeds: One teaspoon
– Tomato (finely chopped): One?
– Green chillies: Two
– Salt to taste
For the tempering:
– Vegetable oil: One teaspoon
– Mustard seeds: half teaspsoon
– Dry red chilli: One
– Curry leaves: A few
– Fresh and chopped coriander leaves: Two teaspoon
– Cook the bottle gourd, turmeric powder, red chilli poweder, cumin seeds and tomato, ornion and green chillies inside of a pressure cooker until one whistle. Remove and invite for cooling. Add salt and stir.?
– For tempering, heat the oil in a very pan; add some mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering, add some red chilli and curry leaves. Saute just for a minute or till the red chilli changes colour to dark red. Add some cooked bottle gourds for this and mix well.
– Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves. You may as well try other recipes for weight loss and also to keep BP at bay.?
With inputs from IANS.
?To get more articles on Diet and Fitness, visit our?Fitnesssection.?Health.India.com?has become TheHealthSite.com. Observe the all-new site on?Facebook?and?Twitter.?