Darkness throughout the neck is a kind of condition a result of hormones, weight gain, pregnancy, insulin resistance and certain problems. “This condition called ‘Acanthosis Nigricans’ is dark pigmentation along with velvety feel towards skin that could commonly be observed around the neck and various skin folds including armpits and groin,” explains Dr Shuba Dharmana, Dermatologist and Medical Director, Lejeune Medspa, Bangalore.
She adds, “It can happen in a get older.”
Read: Dark patches over the neck may be the indication of these 3 skin problems
Dr Shuba Dharmana lists out few causes:
- Certain medical ailments like Cushing’s diseases, cancer, obesity and metabolic syndrome with insulin resistance.
- Medication C steroids, oral contraceptives and many others.
- If your skin around the neck seriously isn’t dealt with and isn’t cleaned just like the facial skin or not moisturized or protected.
Read: Have got a dark neck? Lighten with such treatments
Dr Shuba Dharmana lets you know ways to tackle it:
- Control the pre-diabetes condition along with the blood sugars.
- Lifestyle modifications-weight loss, exercise, avoid sugar and processed food and adhere to a good diet.
- Apply a variety of honey and lemon for your neck. Ensure that it stays for short while and after that wash it well.
- Mix water and baking soda. Put it on for with your neck and then it for a couple minutes. Then, wash it.
- Make your own private scrub: Use the mixture off tomato juice and powdered oats and then it for A quarter-hour and wash them back.
- Apply the amalgamation of yoghurt and freshly squeezed lime. Let it sit for a few minutes and wash it.
- Consult your dermatologist for accurate treatment.